Thursday, October 14, 2010

Footprint


The above footprint was our first assignment. It is an introduction piece for teachers to use to get to know his/her students as each item on the footprint represents things about the person. In the footprint I made, each part represents myself. Each toenail is colored different because I believe that represents my personality-colorful. I also went through a nail polish faze when I was younger. On the far left side, there is a volleyball and a tennis ball as I play both sports here at NSU. When I'm not practicing or working out for either sport and have free time, I love to just sit, relax, and watch movies which is represented by the movie film. In the middle is a little drawing of my family-dad, mom, two older brothers, myself, and a paw for my dog. They are everything to me. Another feature of my foot was the sun and water which represents the lake. I spend almost every weekend there with family and friends during the summer. Many of my favorite memories of growing up happened at the lake so it is a huge part of my life.
A nice extension on this assignment would be to have students "walk in another person's shoes". Students could choose a famous person in history to study and then create a footprint for that person. For example if a student studied Albert Einstein they would learn that he was successful in both math and science. His accomplishments could be represented on the footprint by E=MC2 (just one idea). Then the footprints could be hung up around the room and shared between the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment