Monday, December 13, 2010

Watercolor


Lesson Summary:
I loved this lesson, mostly because it was based off of one of my favorite books of all time, "The Rainbow Fish" by Marcus Pfister. We began by reviewing the book and working with different watercolor techniques. I learned many new techniques including flat wash, resist, graduated wash, wet in wet, and watercolor crayons. We used these new methods on both the backgrounds and the fish itself. The assignment was to use warm colors opposite of cool colors; so I used warm colors for my background and cool colors for my fish. Also we were to apply the new techniques that we learned to our fish and background.

Extension Activity:
After reading the book, I would give each student one, large scale. On the scale, I would have students write one important quality that they would want in a friend. Then on a bulletin board in the classroom, there would be one large fish. Each student from the class would have their scale pinned on the board, forming the classroom's friendly fish!

1 comment:

  1. Great extension idea for a bulletin board display and integrating it with classroom management.

    ReplyDelete